RE: [TCML] The truth about LTR, STR, and resonant modes

I think that DC is drawing a parallel between tuning a vacuum tube transmitter and Tesla coil.  Plate current refers to the current drawn plate element of the transmitting tube.  Dipping refers to noting when the current reaches a minimum value as some tuning parameter is varied.  So you would vary your ballast while monitoring the line current.  But having never used a ballasted coil, I can't comment on the tuning technique.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA