Re: [TCML] Climbing Arcs

Ken Strickfaden used Al tubing (+/- 1/4") on his large traveling arc from
Frankenstein, and that was run at very high power levels. Enclosing the ladder is
helpful. Leave the top open though, to allow the heat to rise. I made a near
replica and run it on a 14.4 PT at much lower current than he did. Still
looking for that perfect transformer for this thing. He actually re-wound X-ray
transformers with heavier gauge wire, allowing more amperage at less voltage
(50kV or so). That is what I have been told anyway.

Chris W

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.