Re: [TCML] SISG Damage Report

piranha wrote:
Looking very forward to hearing of Bart's testing of the new low cost IGBTs!!!

Terry
Me too! Still waiting on 2 parts from Mouser (R1 & R3 were ordered with a separate order which had 1 component 1 week out. Should arrive this week). Everything else is soldered up. Glad I had a decent Weller station and tips. I noticed 3oz traces while soldering components along the emitter and drain traces (little heating time required to get the pad properly soldered). Mark did a great job with this board! Everything fit and was aligned perfectly.

Terry, I only now realize how well you planned out your MOT SISG. The low voltage MOT allowed your MMC to contain only a few caps. I'm recalling this from memory, but I seem to remember you used CD caps and encapsulated them inside the brick shown in your pictures (liquid packing foam from a can or something like that). I'm considering a dual MOT SISG at this point since I already have an ammo can with two MOT's under oil ready to go (they've been waiting for a permanent home).

Beware, I may plagiarize a little. ;-)

Take care,
Bart