[TCML] MMC construction

Hello List,

I am starting to build my MMC and have a question about the type of PC Board I am using. I bought General Purpose PC Boards from Radio Shack Cat.# 276-147. These boards have what appears to be copper paint? around each hole on one side. Will this present an arching problem? If not which side of the board would be best for the caps to be on. I am guessing they should go on the "plain" side and then one could solder them to the copper areas on the other side to hold them in place. I am running a 9kv 120ma nst. MMC is 20ea. 1600v 1uf poly caps in series.

Thanks for the help,

Michael Bellah