Re: [TCML] New Double Toroid idea works!

I seem to recall Antionio saying that a perfectly smooth rod extended indefinitely has an indefinitely high breakout voltage. It sort of made sense and explained why magnifiers only needed a 2 inch pipe to connect hundreds of kV between secondary and tertiary coils. Here is a picture of one of my coils with a rod of 1/2 inch and breakout along it.
http://tesladownunder.iinet.net.au/Saurons%20Aura%20SetupTesting.jpg
In the real world there are many things that will make a rod not perfect, like surface roughness, end terminations, mild curvature and cosmic rays.
Peter

----- Original Message ----- From: "bartb" <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Phil,

Very cool! I am no doubt surprised regarding the toroid interconnect. I wasn't originally thinking of a 4" transmission line, but rather a rod of sorts. Regardless, I still would have figured the smaller radius would have promoted some problems, but apparently that's not the case. I wonder if each toroid was adding some shielding to the transmission line? ....

Excellent experiment! I'm really glad you tried it. Opinions and theory are guides, but only experiments can prove or disprove an idea.

Great job!
Bart