[TCML] SISG circut question

Terry-

    Thanks for the IGBT's!

    At work I had to repair a blown PLC power supply,  and in the process of
ordering parts, I looked hard at the spec sheets  for TVS diodes. Some of
these things have capacitances of a few  nF!

 _http://www.microsemi.com/micnotes/110.pdf_
(http://www.microsemi.com/micnotes/110.pdf)

    Does this affect the timing of the SISG? Maybe  explain the deviation
from the theoretical values you calculated? Not that it's  difficult to tweak or
anything. But I'm not an "electronics guy", so I wondered  if you had already
accounted for the effect if it made a difference.

    Got my SIDACs from Mouser yesterday. It's not fun  repairing the boards
when the leads have become welded into the solder pads, and  the fiberglass has
been cratered under the traces.

-Phil LaBudde
Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities

favorites at AOL Food.