using the variac. I'm using 16 modules with my 14.4KV 10KW pole xmfr.
This transformer draws about 25A when the coil is operating. Both
current and voltage are controlled. The coil is 6.25" X 32" wound with
#26. 9" X 23" toriod. I'm using 133Nf cap and a flat pri tapped at 8.5
turns. My bridge rectifier is 64 5A diodes (16/string). As per Mark's
schematic, I wound a 23mH choke to protect the bridge. I enjoy playing
with the SISG coil. It's spooky as hell. Nothing happens when you plug
it in, then as you ramp up the voltage, it hits the firing voltage and
off it goes. I'm getting about 7' streamers. James