Re: [TCML] bipolar coil

Very good John. I didn't consider the dual output as an addition to overall spark length. Your right, it will be longer than a single output.

Take care,
Bart

FutureT@xxxxxxx wrote:
Bart, I took those issues you mention into consideration. Twin coils
give spark lengths that are 1.4 times longer than regular coils
for a given input power.  If I used my formulas without  accounting
for it being a small coil, then the figures would have been 40" for
the 9/30 and 56" for the 9/60. I reduced this to 35" and 49" respectively since it's a smaller coil. Possible it should be reduced a little more to
32" and 45".  But in any case it should do better than the
figures you mentioned.  Just my opinion.
Cheers,
John