Re: [TCML] Preparing acrylic coil form

Many experimenters don't, however I strongly recommend cleaning it with a
solvent to remove any residues.  After cleaning do not handle it with your
bare hands as it will acquire conductive sodium salts from your skin.  I
usually seal mine with Dolph's AC-43 2-3 coats prior to winding and then 4-5
coats after winding.  Allow 24 hrs to dry between each coat.

The AC-43 also seals and holds the magnet wire in place.

Dr. Resonance