RE: [TCML] 555 timer

555 timers come in a variety of different packages.
You are thinking of the DIP-8 through hole package.
What they sent you was a surface mount version.
Radio Shack still carries 555 timers.

Dan

Hey Guys,
     This is off topic I know, so please respond off list.  I ordered a
555 timer for a small electronics project, and when it came it is
extremely tiny.  Less than a half a centimeter at it's widest point.  I
seem to remember seeing these in Radio Shack (back when they still sold
components) and they were bigger, about a centimeter long, is there some
reason mine is tiny.  I only care because it is going to be very
difficult to solder and mount to anything.  Thanks guys.

Scott Bogard.