Re: [TCML] Half Wave Coil

In a message dated 3/17/08 8:13:40 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Normally it is best to wind one coil clockwise and the second  coil

>counterclockwise --- similar to the construction of an X-ray  transformer.

>In this technique one coil will hit a positive polarity while  simultaneously

>the opposite coil hits a peak negative polarity.  The produces  max potential

>between the two ungrounded output ends of the coils at the same  moment in

>time.

    That doesn't make sense to me. We're talking about  a bipolar Tesla coil,
with one primary in the middle? Winding the secondary  halves in opposite
directions would make both ends of the secondary have  the same polarity at the
same time.

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities