Re: [TCML] BPS Testing

In a message dated 3/13/2008 8:06:24 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
Gary.Lau@xxxxxx writes:

>I can't say with absolute certainty that it would make no  difference, but
I'm thinking that spark loading >should have no impact on  primary-side
charging and bang-rate.  The sparks occur AFTER the bang,  >and there's a whole lot
of dead time between the end of the spark and the  next bang.

>Under this assumption, I replaced my PRIMARY with 3  seriesed 500W halogen
floodlight bulbs (see  >http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/sync_gap.htm near the
bottom of page) to  swallow the power that >would have been delivered to the
primary.  I  couldn't think of a way to dummy-load the secondary.

>Regards,  Gary Lau
>MA, USA

Gary,

Another way to even out the spark loading might be to use John C's  favorite
method, the *controlled* spark.  He placed a ground rod close to  the toroid,
so that a continuous spark of constant length was created.

Cheers,
John