RE: [TCML] RF Filters

I've never seen an RC or RCL mains filter.  Running 20A through a resistor would waste just too much power.  I guess I'd need to see an actual circuit schematic to comment further.

Realize too that the attenuation of common tank frequencies in most EMI mains filters is actually pretty poor, if you read the specs.  They are intended for higher frequencies.  I use an EMI filter, only because they're cheap and small.  But I have little hope that it makes a real impact towards reducing RF interference in the house.  To reduce the risk of _damage_ in the house, I use 250V MOV's from Line and Neutral to green-wire ground.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA