Re: [TCML] Where to mount the HV Transformer? Under the coil or otherwise?

It's best to mount the nst in a separate box 2-3 ft away from the coil.
This prevents RF fields from interacting with the steel case of the nst.

I use a wood box to enclose the hv transformer.  Send me an email off list
and I can email you some photos of the enclosure with the Terry filter
inside.

You just use silicone GTO hv wire --- available at any neon shop --- to run
the hv to the coil.

Don't use coax as it may resonant with the hv transformer in some fashion
and produce very high potentials --- death to an nst.

Dr. Resonance