From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of David Rieben
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 8:47 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] G-10 blistering

Hi Phil,

I like the clamp-on shaft collar idea and went ahead and ordered 16
of those aluminum ones from McM-C today. As long as I place one on
each end of each of the 8 flying electrodes, I don't see why the rotary
disc would need to be (re)balanced, so long as it was decently ba-
lanced in the first place and the motor is suffciently strong enough to
spin the additional mass of the added collars. This should definitely in-
crease the thermal mass and the aluminum would also conduct heat
away from the tungsten "core" electrodes better.

David Rieben