Re: [TCML] My first Tesla

Ignition coils can not provide enough current to drive a cap bank, so
performance is usually very poor, at best on 3-4 inches of ourput spark.

If you do use ignition coils, figure Cres will be equal to approx 2 mA per
coil, so 4 mA total current for the capacitive reactance equation.  Then use
1.4 x Cres value so you don't blow the coils.

If you can snag a used neon sign transformer you performance will increase
by at least 500%.

I have plans for this type of coil and could email them to you if you
contact me off-list.

Dr. Resonance