[TCML] Information confirmation

I've been talking theory with my coworkers and i want to confirm some info;

1. Magnet wire is single strand and is insulated by enamel, but is otherwise
the same as more common materials.

2. Magnet wire can be acquired by cannibalizing transformers, motors, and
the like.

3. It is possible to construct a Tesla coil using normal single strand wire,
only the size of the secondary will change due to larger insulation.  Maybe
use Teflon insulation for better heat tolerance.

Also, a random stupid question:  could a Tesla coil be powered by a voltage
multiplier instead of a transformer?  Why or why not?

Thanks for the knowledge,
Daniel