Re: [TCML] My 9/30 joins transformer heaven...

I know how you feel, I've burnt two large NSTs.  The good thing is that I'm
fairly certain I've figured out why.  It had to do with my gap spacing being
too wide or my break rate being too slow [in ASRG operation].  This resulted
in over-volting of the transformers and eventually death.  I've built a
static sucker gap, and I test all the gap spacing before hooking up the tank
caps now.

I don't have as much experience as others on this list do but it seems to me
that the best thing you can do is set your gap so it's not too wide.