Re: [TCML] Resistive Control instead of Variac?

Does it look anything like this:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/garage/radiastat1.jpg

Mine came from a theatre as well as two 45 amp Powerstats:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/garage/variac_120_volt_45.8_amp_1.jpg

I've never tried to run a coil with mine, but I don't see why it would be a problem. As to a control transformer to boost the voltage, that should work fine as well.

Adam