Re: [TCML] Resistive Control instead of Variac?

Hi,

It will work. However, where a Variac actually throttles back the power
drawn from the wall, a resistive control dissipates the unused power as heat in
the control. OK for small systems, not so good for bigger systems or in an
enclosed area in the summertime.

Matt D.

In a message dated 6/16/08 7:35:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,