Re: [TCML] re-pot

I can't say for sure because I have never tried it myself when depotting
NSTs, but it might help to soften the asphalt around the core and coils of older
NSTs. They will eventually get pretty warm, and it might help if it were
already  hot on the inside.

What's really needed is a heatsource that transfers heat directly to the
steel case more efficiently than hot air. But I also like the barbecue idea
because the hot coals would do just that. This is really something you should be
doing outside, anyway.

Just a thought, build your own electric depotting oven out of a #2 rural
mailbox. I turned one into a glass annealing oven by adding heating elements and
Fiberfrax (ceramic wool) insulation. Have pix, if anyone is interested.

Tony G

In a message dated 6/12/2008 1:48:27 P.M. Central Daylight Time,