Re: [TCML] NST shunt removal

Yes, but not all NST's are configured the same. Even Franceformers. Some have packed shunts, and on others, it's part of the core. Some cores are easy to unbolt and remove the coil, others are not and would require cutting the core. So you never really know what your getting into until you get in there. Can be rewarding for some, and a waist of time for others.

Bart

Phillip Slawinski wrote:
I have taken a perfectly functional NST and depotted it.  The results
can be rather rewarding.