Re: [TCML] Greenhorn Coiler

Well, the transformer is a good place to start. About any NST will get you started. I would probably say you want to find a 15kv 60ma trany. All NST are notoriously fragile. You WILL need a Terry filter to protect it. The instructions to build one can be found in the lists archives. An OBIT stands for Oil Burning Ignition Transformer. As the name implies, it comes from an oil burning heater. You do not have to run it "in" oil. It can be used with good results for a starter coil to get your feet wet. I would still recommend the NST unless you have something else lying around. The Tesla coil experts monitor this list. Any question can be answered here it seems. Get started..

Chip Ford