Re: [TCML] NST modification

First off, I suspect you made a typo.  13kv at .3A works out to 3900VA.  That would be the mother and father of all NSTs.  I'm guessing you meant .003A, or 30mA?  Also, 13kv is a non-standard NST voltage for US or EU.  Is this really an NST or is it an electronic neon tube power supply?  More info would be helpful.  How big is it?  How much does it weigh?  What does the data plate say?  What brand is it?  Can you take a picture of it and provide a link?

If it is a solid state power supply, then it probably won't work with your tesla coil no matter what you do with it.  If it is a real iron and copper NST, then modification is unnecessary, except perhaps to disable the GFCI circuit if it has one.

Cheers,

Greg