Re: [TCML] Brand new 34.5kV 10kVA pig for $300 in PA

Unfortunately, the 46 kV level is only good if you have a 440 VAC driver
potential.  None of them go from 220 to 46 kV.  Intermediate xmfr is
required.  You can go to 19.9 kV from a 220 VAC, but usually 440 VAC is
required to go higher.  Lots of weight to haul around as the bushings get
huge and most are oil-filled bushings.  I have a 69 kV potential xmfr with a
120 VAC secondary.  The bushings are 4 feet long, oil filled, and the xmfr
weighs in at 850 lbs!

This company used to be REA and even before that, in the 1940's,
Allis-Chalmers.  Allis-Chalmers made some monsterous 1 megaVolt transformers
and also the huge 600 kV 1 Amp DC system used at Oak Ridge, TN, during the
atomic bomb development.

Dr. Resonance