Re: [TCML] Brand new 34.5kV 10kVA pig for $300 in PA

The following datasheet from Cooper makes for interesting reading:
http://www.cooperpower.com/library/pdf/20110.pdf

Besides implying that they make pole pigs all the way up to 46kV (Yeeeowww!!), it highlights the relationship between the primary voltage and BIL ratings and the size of the pig can (and presumably the internals).  There is a very strong correlation; the higher the voltage and particularly the BIL, the larger the can.  Doubling the BIL just about doubles the volume of the can!

Incidentally, said pig finally showed up:
http://silicon-arcana.com/remote_pics/34_5kV_pig/new_pig_full.jpg

At some point soon, I'll open the can and take a few pics of the guts.

Cheers,
Aaron, N7OE