Re: [TCML] Problems with secondary - internal arcing

I forgot......

So at this point I ask the question, should the secondary wires run
completely outside of the form, or is it acceptable to have a short
length inside to connect to the bolts?

The bolt looks like it will pass below the winding length of the coil... at the HV end , if the bolt is aligned with the top coil turns, then you will have a fair voltage between the bolt and the upper turns of the coil. It could be that which cause the arcing in the first place. In general , I run a couple of inches of the wire vertical up the form (outer) then fix a bolt though the top of the form for the connecions..

http://www.future-technologies.co.uk/IMPULSE/workshop/index.htm

you maybe able to see some examples in that lot of images... my coils burnt with my SSTC CW wave though.....

Chris