Re: [TCML] Connecting the primary

In a message dated 7/28/08 2:55:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
steven219@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>On one of my coils I used a clamp that I found in a laboratory I  was
working in, it was in the shape of
>a capital J, with the right hand part of the top bar missing, the  left hand
was longer, and tapped for a
>screw with a knurled head. It was intended as a clamp type  regulating valve
for rubber or plastic
>tubing, unfortunately I haven't been able to get hold of another  but they
shouldn't be too hard to
>make. The original was plated brass about 1/8" thick and 1/4" wide.  It
fitted my 6mm copper tube
>perfectly and being brass was easy to solder to. The primary tube  fitted
between the curve of the J
>and the screw.

    I know exactly what you're talking about. Commonly  called "pinch
valves". I even had some at work recently that would I used to  isolate a 120psi 1/2"
ID air hose. Unfortunately, I looked in some catalogs and  couldn't find the
exact model.
    Never thought of using them to connect to the  primary (a bit bulky), but
clever!

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.