Re: [TCML] tcml primary self c

No myth here --- I am sticking to the facts. Physics is physics and it
doesn't change.

If you look at some photos of Wysock's earlier coils using copper ribbon you
see a generous amount of corona off the sharp edges.

I also experienced this in photos I shot.

My advise is:  if you are running a coil with ribbon shoot your own photos
and check for corona.  Make your own determination.  But, if you are
designing from scratch, why not use good engineering practice in the first
place?

Anytime you run a coil at 200-400 kV (or more) and put a sharp edge near the
secondary (12-24" away), it will definitely produce corona.  Just do the
physics or look at some electrostatic plots of ribbon coils and you will see
what I mean.

I urge future coil builders to use copper tubing --- it's rounded edges help
retard corona.  A better solution than burying your head in the sand and
pretend the corona doesn't exist.

Dr. Resonance