Re: [TCML] Connecting the primary

I use a 5/8" wide piece of copper strap.  Wrap it around a wooden dowel
approx 1/8" smaller dia than the copper tubing and then it forms a clamp.
Use brass lockwashers to keep constant pressure on this connection.

The two ends of the clamp drop down thru your upper sub-base and then bolt
directly to your cable termination lugs.  Use brass and copper for all
connections here.

On the inside, just run the innermost end of pri down thru a hole and
directly to your sparkgap.  This reduces total primary terminations by one
(3 instead of 4) thus reducing resistive losses and preserving your max peak
current in the pri coil (produces max magnetic field, which, when collapsing
produces max potential in the tall sec solenoid coil).

On larger coils I use a 1 1/4" wide copper clamp strap.

Dr. Resonance