Re: [TCML] Baffle tally (was Secondary Troubles)

In a message dated 7/5/08 7:42:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Gary.Lau@xxxxxx writes:

>1) Number of secondary coils you have ever built and used WITH  baffles, and
how many of these had >internal  flashovers.

Only secondary I built that I put baffles in  was a 12" dia. I used 3/8"
Lexan for the baffle disks, siliconed into place at  1/3 from each end. PVC
"green" pipe.
    No internal flashovers.

>2) Number of secondary coils you have ever built and used WITHOUT  baffles,
and how many of >these had internal flashovers.

    Four without baffles, from 2" dia to 6" dia, no  internal flashovers.

>3) For all flashovers, please indicate if  there was any identifiable cause.

Worst damage was on the 6" where I'm pretty sure  a flaw in the PVC pipe wall
caused a major burn. It didn't penetrate to the  interior.
    I've had lots of strikes from various points on  the secondary to the
primary, but no "flashovers" along the secondary  itself.

-Phil LaBudde
Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.