Re: [TCML] Setting up for the first time

Set your total gap spacing to around .180" (180 mils), then, after tuning at
low power (50% or less) with a variac, the set final gap to approx 0.200
(200 mils).

Performance tuning includes both primary resonance tap point, and also
elevating the sec coil to set the best coeff of coupling (k factor) as
indicated by longest output spark length.  Some 1/2 inch size scrap plywood
works good for this exploration process.

In many cases the sec coil can be elevated 1-2" above the horizontal
plane of the pri coil to obtain longest spark output.

Happy sparkin'

Dr. Resonance