Re: [TCML] Stacking vs Large Diameter

Hi Phil,

Yes, how soon we forget. Your right. I remember what you did. Thanks for that reminder. It is oddly different. I think your the only one who has done this.

Take care,
Bart

FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx wrote:
How soon we forget! A few months back I posted about putting two toroids *beside* each other. Keep the biggest toroid as the "main" toroid over your coil for shielding. Then locate the other toroid some distance horizontally to the side (hang it, or use an insulating support). Connect the two, and put a prominent breakout point on the "extra" toroid. That way the streamers are directed *away* from your coil. By locating the two toroids side-by-side with some separation, their fields won't interact too much with each other and you will get maximum capacitance. Locate them as far as practical from each other and connect with a sheet of aluminum foil or flashing - this will add significant capacitance as well. -Phil LaBudde