Re: [TCML] MMC pics

if they arc over, the perfboard will catch fire, the energy that was supposed to be in the cap wont be there and the coil will preform miserably.

as far as placing something between the close wires... nope not much exists that can hold off high voltage other than 1/2" of silicone based X-Ray cable insulation ;)

Scot D

Nicholas J. Goble wrote:

Scot,

What happens if they arc over? Do you think there's anything I can put between the close wires to protect the arching?

Nicholas Goble

bunnykiller wrote:

Hey Nicholas...

Altho Ive never done an MMC on a perfboard, but looking at the layout, it seems to me that there may be a chance of arcing occuring around
the
leads that are in close proximity to each other...

just an observation...

Scot D

Nicholas J. Goble wrote:

Here are some pics of my recently soldered MMC (top and bottom). I'm just posting them because I just finished and I finally may have something to brag about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28523883@N06/2659423434/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28523883@N06/2659423450/in/photostream/

Hope these links work!

Nicholas Goble