Re: [TCML] EMP/RF interferance

see comment below...

Scott Bogard wrote:

Ok guys,
I am not going into details about what I am building (it would be way too off topic,) except to say I am not trying to make an EMP generator. The devise should be fairly small, so I was thinking of putting it in some kind of container so if it does make an EMP (slim chance) that my electronic stuff is good. I guess a steel box is the way to go. Because of what it is, I am a little concerned about making an EMP by accident (just so you don't worry about it, it is not a small nuclear bomb or such similar devise, I am not a terrorist, or insane (or both.))
may not be a terrorist but maybe insane ;) I wonder how many of us as coilers have been nick named the "Mad Scientist down the street" by the neighbors?? I know of at least 5 neighbors who refer to me as "The Mad Scientist" and at least 3 policemen who think Im nuts for doing what I do with my coil..... and at least 2 blocks away, kids come running to see what I'm up to when I crank up the coil... yes its that loud... ( good thing lasers are quiet ;) )

Scot D

Anyway, thank you to all those who responded on list or off, as always I appreciate your comments and will see to it that when I am ready to test this devise, it will be well shielded, just in case.

Scott Bogard.