[TCML] Antenna DC component and other questions regarding the feedback issues

Hi again! So far I tried that generator prototype with an antenna rigged up to it's input. The effect is weird - on my 6-turn primary until 150vac I barely get any significant sparks (around 10cm at that voltage), after that point the spark length begins to grow very fast, @240vac I get ~40cm with a barely any good deadtime (will find a double-beam scope to check the gates and set a proper value) and up to 60 with a deadtime set to a somehow better value (again, I'm sure it's still too high).

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/TheBypasser/snapshot20080707210703.jpg

Looks like the optos are doing their job well and their CMR is enough, will try another secondary as soon as I get a wire for it because I fear that mine could have some damage after a few arcovers it suffered, but first will try to set the deadtime properly. The question is - does the antenna get any DC current flowing through it? At first glance it seems it can not as it's just a capacitive coupling with the coil's output, however the dynamics of plasma in the spark itself (which is actually not a streamer at all, it's more of an arc - the initial short streamer (as stremers can't ever be long at such voltage as the streamer is being ionized purely by electrons accelerated by the E field and the the optical radiation of the ions themselves) is heated up by the field up to the point a new streamer forms up on the top of it's channel and the sequence continues while the power is enough to both keep the arc burning and have some minor extra voltage to form a corona on the end of it, this is proved by the behavior of sine-modulated sparks as seen on vttc or half-wave sstc for example, where the power rises smoothly, thus making the initial arc heat more and get a more pronounced shape, make a single-beam corona on it's top and therefore finally becoming a straight sword-like discharge - sorry for a long detour :) ) suggest that the spark growth happens only on the negative half-cycle, thus a dc current may probably flow through an object located close to the coil. At least on some coils a significant charge is seen to form up on their insulator and persist after the coil is switched off. So, should I add a DC blocking cap after the antenna?

By the way I saw some antenna feedback-based projects and still wondered why do people use a diode fork straight before a schmitt input? I'm sure (and of course I did that in my system) you need a resistor after the fork so the diode reverse voltage will not make the full current drop on the schmitt internal input diodes, but instead crop the input so that the shmitt input cropping current will never be exceeded.