Re: [TCML] JavaTC mod : Tuning Mode

Hi Alex,

I understand it seems like it shouldn't be a problem, but it is. In an older version of Javatc, I could have easily done that, but not in the last few years. The external wall or ceiling capacitance is one method of off-settting. I've done that myself. But what is really needed is the streamer load. If the denoted 1pF per foot of spark holds in all cases, then that could be looked at. An actual streamer object would be ideal! My problem there is positioning. That's really where I want to go with streamer load. Javatc is a "design before you build" program more than anything else. I use it after the build of course like anyone else would, but Javatc's main purpose is to be an aid to coilers designing their coils. Remember, inductance and capacitance is not derived from Fr, but dictates it. Throwing in an measured Fr would require back calc's which I guess would work for low frequency inductances and whatnot, but not for inductances and capacitances at Fr. Therein lies the rub.

Take care,
Bart

b alex pettit jr wrote:
Hi Bart,
I can get proper solutions by just altering the 'Wall Radius'
parameter to get the proper Fres ( or half power ) result. Seems
it would not be that hard to allow direct entry of the freq, equate that to some Wall Radius condition, and solve the Primary Coil sizing... ??

JavaTC is very close, but its nice to compute based upon known paramters. From the measurements today, tuning should be the 7.4th turn and the half power points +- 2.5" of that ... we shall see ...

Thanks for the reply,
Alex