Re: [TCML] G. Monster's updated ARSG

In a message dated 7/5/08 11:44:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    David Rieben wrote:

> Anywho, if you remember, this was the result of my opening up the
> "G-10 blistering" thread a few weeks ago. I think Phil Labud  (spelling?)
> brought up the aluminum shaft collars as a possible  solution for the
> flying electrodes overheating to the point of scorching the  surrounding
> G-10 material of the rotary disc.
> Well I think that it did  at least improve this situation and although I
was
> only left with 1/4" of flying tungsten electrode "head" sticking  out from
> the collars, close examination of the shaft collar  "shoulders" didn't show
> any obvious signs of the SG arc hitting them. They do still  get quite
> warm after a minute or two of firing at around 20 kVA but I  think that
> this has been at least a partial solution to the overheating  problem
>that I was having.

    Glad the collars worked out for you! I use them  on the ASRG on my pig.

    And Bart posted:

>Here's the coil earlier that  day:
>http://www.classictesla.com/temp/07-04-2008%20002.JPG

    Looking good!
    That polished toroid looks like an alien spaceship  up there!

-Phil LaBudde
Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities