Re: [TCML] Secondary Troubles

No need to bash yourself, or to be discouraged.  Coiling involves employing materials and components in a purpose for which they were never intended.  PVC pipe is formulated for plumbing, not to hold off 100s of kilovolts of RF.  Hardware store varnishes and sealers are meant to finish furniture, not block corona.  We routinely expose magnet wire to conditions waaayyy outside the performance envelope of their insulation system.  Failures are part of the deal.  I'm amazed hobby-grade coils work as well as they do.  They sure are fun to tinker with though.  So enjoy the sparks...and keep a fire extinguisher handy!

Happy 4th,

Greg