RE: [TCML] DUMB QUESTION OF THE DAY

why do you need to solder it at all?  drill a hole that is the same diameter as the wire into the edge of the dime and press the wire into the hole - the mechanical interference fit will do what you need.  Note, when I say "same size", I mean no larger, and not more than .0005 smaller - drills usually drill a little oversize, so drilling a tiny bit smaller and then putting the tungsten wire into a drill chuck and spinning it may be a way to work it in tightly