Re: [TCML] PC boards

One of the better etchers is ammonium persulfate, you can pick it up of Ebay cheap. We used this when making PCB's in the research lab I worked at. Much safer to use that Ferric chloride, which we used before and switched. Rubber gloves and safety glasses are used but if it splashes on the skin, it does not cause any serious damage and can be washed off easily later. In fact, you may not know you have it on your skin and later a stain will show up where it was in contact with.

Use of an acid like HCl is really bad and dangerous. You cannot control the process and it under cuts the lands, plus it is nasty stuff and cleanup is messy. I have never heard of using an acid like that (or Nitric) ever for etching a circuit board. I have never heard of using these acids for PCB manufacture

Hydrogen Peroxide is an oxidizer and in higher concentrations, it is very dangerous and can cause explosions! It is used as a component of some rocket fuels in higher levels. It can burn the skin on contact and react with other chemicals and cause fires, explosions, etc. Do not play with the industrial stuff unless you really know what you are doing. The concentrated solution was used in making the bombs for the muslim attacks in the UK subways last year. Big brother pays attention to who buys the concentrated stuff. Plus it has a crappy shelf life once it is opened.

Frank