[TCML] Scope suitability

Hi Folks.
I'm wondering whether a Tek model 935A scope would be suitable for coiling R&D.
At the moment I'm working on developing a low power, small scale coil powered by a simple oscillator circuit of my own design.
I would like to be able to scope the function of this driver circuit to establish best operating performance and to understand how the circuit works.
Any comments on the durability, reliability and performance of this particular Tek scope would be greatly appreciated, before I shell out the shekels ;^)
Thanks in advance.
Roger