Re: [TCML] In need of oscilloscope [Denver] rather quickly if possible

On Jan 17, 2008, at 7:25 AM, Clive Hansen wrote:

Dave,
If you have a local scrap yard, junk shop, or ham store. They usually have them for very cheap. If not, check eBay for Tektronix 453s as they are very cheap, durable scopes and are relatively insensitive to emi.

That's pretty funny. I have never before heard anyone (including Tek fans, of which I am definitely one) describe any 400 series scope as "durable". They are the flakiest, most unreliable products Tek ever produced. In fact I don't think I've ever seen one where ALL of the features worked right, and we had dozens of them down at Martin Marietta, with a fairly solid PM/cal program (they were a defense contractor after all). The guys in the cal lab HATED them.

My personal advice would be to buy a Tek scope, just ANYTHING BUT a 400 series!

Email me your required specs (bandwidth, sweep speed, etc, etc) off- list, I may know someone with a scope available.

-Clive

Dave Pierson wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:58:52 EST