meter, and a few have used  it as is, with no reported trouble, but I thought I'd
mention it.

Matt D.

In a message dated 1/15/08 8:46:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
otmaskin5@xxxxxxx writes:

Got it -  thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lau, Gary  <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 7:13 pm
Subject: RE:  [TCML] Coil forms, any good?

If the pipe were 100% PVC, there  would be no problems.  But with either thin
or
thick wall PVC, one  runs a small risk of there being a spec of conductive
flotsam just beneath  the outer surface that could cause a short between the
potential of a few  turns.  If you stick a light bulb inside a piece of thin
wall
pipe  you may see this.

But I've used nothing but PVC pipe and never had a  problem.  For the
majority of
us that pay for pipe, PVC is the only  economical choice.  I don't know if
thin
or thick walls alter the  risk of conductive flotsam.  I was able to do the
light
bulb thing on  a piece of very thin-wall 4" SDR pipe, but I've not seen 6"
pipe
thin  enough to be translucent.  Odds are it will be just fine.

Regards,  Gary Lau
MA, USA