Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:16 AM
Subject: [TCML] Engine Hoist Dolly - was: Pig upgrade

Hi Neal,

Yes, the heavy duty dolly would be a good solution to
the verticle shortfall of the engine hoist's range. The on-
ly drawback to this idea that I can see is the amount of
storage space such a beast would take up when not in
use, as an engine hoist, in its operational position, has
a substantial footprint. The working surface of the dolly
platform would need to be about that of a 4' x 8' sheet
of 3/4" plywood!

David Rieben

----- Original Message ----- From: "Neal Namowicz" <neal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Pig upgrade

I thought about the verticle lift range after I posted, and realized it might come up a little short. However, if one is in a situation often enough to need it, it might be worth building a dolly out of 4" X 4"s with heavy duty casters that the hoist could sit on. 4 X 4 (X 1'-ish) blocks could be used in between the two to give you a few more inches of lift, without having a huge (tall) dolly that's taking up a lot of space. This site http://www.handtrucks.com/?source=googleaw&kwid=dolly&tid=Exact might help with some ideas. I was thinking of something along the line of the dollies listed under "best selling dollies", but with the blocks for more lift.

Neal.