Re: [TCML] HIGH VOLTAGE - X-RAY Trannys 4$ale

Hi all,

I can personaly vouch that Jack has some great stuff. I have
a 20 kV bombarder transformer with a matching 12 kVA
rated saturable reactor that I got from him. Right now I
am not really using the bombarder (it's a dry core unit but
still weighs around 250 lbs.) but I'm going to employ the
saturable reactor for a ballast in my mid-sized coil that can
still be ran off of a standard 120 volt rece-tacle. The SR
is rated for 220 volts but will also handily control 120/140
volts. I will be using a recently aquired 120:1 PT for the
power transformer. The only other thing that I have com-
pleted for it at this time is the 6.5" x 29.5" long, #22 wound
secondary coil that I have finished winding. That means that
I will probably be trying to get up a bulk buy on some spun
toroids, say 6" x 24" or possibly 8" x 30", later on this year ;^)

Also, Jack is a very pleasant individual to do business
with and will "bend over backwards" to try to accomi-
date your specifications as well as your budget.

David Rieben

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bombastic Bushkin" <ekklekktikk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:33 AM
Subject: [TCML] HIGH VOLTAGE - X-RAY Trannys 4$ale

Just acquired 7 more X ray Transformers. Most are 125 KVP dc @ 300-600 MA, and conv 50-60 hz cores (one is a switcher) . As most know you can exceed that current level significantly for short runs, or operate them @ the spec level for some considerable time before theres any appreciable thermal rise. These have application for Marx Generators, or one heck of a Jacobs Ladder or large air gap (most of these will fire a 14-16" air gap with ease - and a 3-4' power arc can be drawn from them - can you say IMPRESSIVE!).

I sell these for a titch above scrap price - so - around $375 ea for the mid sized ones, $700 - $900 for the monsters, and $120 for the switchmode.

These arent for the novice - as with a pig, these can be lethal - and even moreso due to the extreme voltages produced - these also require externally shunting/ballasting - and I have solutions there). Shipping is pretty straightforward: I use a truck line that extends me a 70% discount - which I pass along, so an average of shipping such a critter to your locale runs about $260.

Holler at  me if interested...

Jack King - 801-604-5136