Re: [TCML] Subject: Overheated Secondary

David is dead on here.  A long time ago, outdoors, I poured some gasoline
on a pile of old rubbish we stacked up to burn.  It was a hot day, around
88 degrees.

I stood about 10 feet away from the pile --- which I thought was a safe
distance, and threw a match at the pile.  What I didn't know what that the
invisible gas/air vapor mixture, within a period of 60 seconds, had spread
out to within 1 foot of where I was standing.  When the match struck the
pile there was a huge "woof" sound and the flame front blasted out to
within 1 ft. of where I was standing.  It scared the H out of me but
fortunately didn't burn me.

This incident ingrained forever in my head the serious nature of gasoline
vapors --- especially how they can spread to great distances.

The bottom line is NEVER EVER USE GASOLINE for any type of solvent work.

The few dollars you save per gallon will in no way equal the pain of the
slowly healing burns.  A burn lasts a long time and it's just simply not
worth the risk.

USE KEROSINE ---- ALWAYS!

Dr. Resonance

Dr. Resonance