Re: [TCML] Subject: Overheated Secondary

Hi Bart,

Am I reading that right? You're running an NST coil at 2.7X
LOWER or smaller than resonance? Wouldn't that really limit
your bang energy?

David Rieben

Hi Wyatt,

I'm running my NST coil about 2.7 times lower
than Cres with no problems (safety gaps, gap widths, etc. are of course important).

Take care,
Bart

nancylavoie@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Bart, I was wondering if you would know off hand if it is feasible to completely remove the shunts of a 15/60 NST without burning up the secondary winding? Any estimate as to what the current output might equal when used in a TC? Any comparison to the durability of MOT's? Looking for a winter project. Wyatt