Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 3:06 PM
Subject: [TCML] X-rays

Thanks all,

Sorry for the somewhat departure, but perhaps someone benefited by the
discussion on ionization in a vacuum. That would make any departure
worthwhile. I always wondered how lightning could travel the distances it
sometimes does, so if I understand Dr. Petter T. correctly, the leader
length is supported by an x-ray channel? The ten mile strokes are the
positive type isn't that so? Lightning is a Nature show I think it likely
most of us have interest in :-)

Jim Mora