Re: [TCML] Spark gap

Yes, recording could work also. I think that's been done before. It's also easy to use a small microphone to drive a photo transmitter. My basic desire is to pump directly into the scope software. Today I ordered up 10 meters of cable and also a couple photo to voltage converters (simple 3 pin component). Pins are power, ground, and output voltage directly proportional to light intensity. This will help keep circuitry minimum.
http://www.taosinc.com/images/product/document/TSL253R-E17.PDF

Take care,
Bart

FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx wrote:

An off-the-shelf possibility for audio is a PACT Timer. Handy for figuring out how fast your machine guns are running: _http://www.pact.com/_ (http://www.pact.com/) Easy enough to use a remote microphone or just record and playback the sound, if you're worried about hurting digital equipment. Or just stand back. Heck, last time I ran my SISG coil I could hear the roar of the secondary arcs echoing off the houses around the corner 100 yards away. So reflections and false triggers from them might be a concern. -Phil LaBudde
Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities